SteelSeries is looking for a software quality assurance engineer to help vet our world class gaming products. We are looking for someone that can make a huge impact on our testing strategy, has experience testing desktop/web applications and/or hardware products, and has a serious passion for technology.
Why should you work here:
- Love what you do - This isn't some B2B app or SaaS targeted at an industry you have no real interest in. This is a consumer product for gamers and part of the gaming industry. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related - you will love it here.
- Contribute to the product design cycle by hunting down hardware, firmware, and software defects - and game with bleeding edge prototypes of our headsets, mice, keyboards, gamepads, etc. while doing it.
- Make an impact - We are a small company with a big reach, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place.
- Be part of Product Development - We are a flat organization and everyone has chances to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
What we are looking for:
- Experience testing Consumer facing applications (Web, Desktop, or both) and/or PC peripherals
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Passion for all things gaming
Some nice to haves:
- Experience using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience writing automated functional tests
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
As a Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for testing new features for our peripherals (headsets, mice, keyboards, and gamepads), and also for our cross-platform, consumer gaming software platform, the SteelSeries Engine (www.steelseries.com/engine). Responsibilities also include investigating and reproducing customer issues, and creating actionable reports of those issues. We are a small team and we have many cool, challenging problems to solve.
If you were here the last few months, you would have worked on:
- Gaming (and testing :-)) with our new Arctis Pro line of headsets, Rival 650 Wireless, Apex 750 TKL, Stratus Duo, and other exciting products
- Vetting our Discord integration and GameSense support for SteelSeries headsets, keyboards, and mice
- Testing our Tidal GameSense app which can display artist/title/track info on SteelSeries devices with OLED screens
- Getting trounced in Smash by our very own ToadKing
If you are here the next few months, you will:
- Test some new, revolutionary software features coming soon to SteelSeries Engine
- Verify enhanced Discord integration features with SteelSeries headsets
- Vet our GameSense plugin for the Unreal Engine
- Play with and give feedback on unannounced super secret hardware products coming out later this year
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
- You are smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- You want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of product development.
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting (hopefully) on the shelf at your local Best Buy.
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing numerous hats and managing several things at any given time.
Don’t apply if:
- You require strict organizational structure.
- You don’t like change.
- You think having autonomy in the work place is a bad thing.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place with people who love gaming and technology.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.