SteelSeries is looking for a senior frontend engineer to help develop world class web and desktop experiences. We want someone who can make a huge impact on our development team, has experience developing web applications, and has a serious passion for technology and product development.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new features for our digital platforms, including ecommerce, users and community, our software platform Engine, and other internal applications. We are a small, fast growing team and we have many cool, challenging problems to solve.
If you were here the last few months, you would have worked on:
- Completely revamped the navigation of SteelSeries.com, along with UX and UI designers, to better support our future plans.
- Diving deep into accessibility, to ensure that the SteelSeries online experience works well for everyone.
If you are here the next few months, you will:
- Integrate our website and ecommerce with our software, SteelSeries Engine, for a richer and more seamless customer experience across our digital platforms.
- Shape new features on SteelSeries.com to support our growth and reach new customers.
- Work on new software and online initiatives that are yet to be announced.
- Play with and give feedback on unannounced super-secret hardware products coming out next year.
Why you should work here:
- Love what you do - This isn't some B2B app or SaaS targeted at an industry you have no real interest in. We’re a company making products for gamers, and are active participants in the gaming industry. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related - you will love it here.
- Many cool technical problems to solve - Our tech team is small and tightly knit. We work on all kinds of projects, and there’s always a new challenge coming up.
- Make an impact - We are a small company, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place.
- Be part of Product Development - Feel strongly about what makes good gaming gear? We’ll listen to you. We are a very open organization and everyone has chances to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
Qualities we’d love to see:
- Advanced experience writing clean, modular, and flexible CSS.
- Advanced experience writing accessible, semantic, valid HTML5.
- Experience with frameworks and libraries like React, Redux, Vue or similar.
- Experience working closely with UI and UX designers, as well as other parts of the business.
- Familiarity with scripting languages and MVC frameworks, e.g. Python/Django or Ruby/Rails is a plus, but not required.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high-performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mousepad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing a complete portfolio of products designed for gaming.
- You are smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- You want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of web and product development.
- You are excited about working on, and shaping the development practices of, a small tight-knit team (currently 2 front end developers and 2 back end developers.)
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting (hopefully) on the shelf at your local Best Buy.
- You enjoy working in a smaller company, where your opinion matters, and helps guide the projects being worked on.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome workplace with people who love gaming and technology. Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.