SteelSeries is a global leader in the gaming industry, which is made up of BILLIONS of gamers around the world who all need and want only the best gaming equipment. We make the most award-winning, cutting-edge products to help gamers on their daily quest for glory. For us it’s all about cutting through all the flash and hype to meet the real needs of gamers. Whether its on a console, PC, or your mobile phone, your path to gaming glory requires the best products from a company that has a team full of passionate gamers and talented people that bring it all to life.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Ecommerce to lead and grow our global SteelSeries.com business. You will be responsible for the global online P&L, and developing our e-commerce strategy to drive high growth and profitability. You will be a key leader in our Digital and Marketing organization, and responsible for collaborating cross-functionally to manage and direct all aspects of our e-commerce business. You will develop our strategic e-commerce plan, and combine your expertise in sales, marketing, technology and management to deliver a superior brand and shopping experience for our direct customers. This includes also planning, developing and executing activities to drive sales, monitoring and optimizing performance, and more.
This role will report directly to the Chief Digital and Marketing Officer and will be based in our headquarters in Chicago, IL. The ultimate candidate will thrive in and foster a fun and fast paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
Business Function and Responsibilities:
- Full P&L responsibility for SteelSeries.com
- Develop and execute a digital strategy to drive profitable, revenue growth
- Grow the existing e-commerce markets while expanding into new markets
- 6 month promotional planning to deliver revenue growth, focusing on a mix of appealing to first time buyers, repeat buyers, buyers of only one category and members
- Drive profitability through optimizing product mix, increasing basket size, customer lifetime value, and operational performance
- Work closely with the Global Marketing team and digital agency to drive quality traffic, new and repeat customers
- Manage a team of regional e-commerce managers, and work closely with Regional GMs and sales teams on activities to drive revenue growth
- Work closely with the software division to create and run the SteelSeries membership program, doubling the membership base every two years, to drive customer lifetime value
- Obsessively measure and evaluate the effectiveness of all programs to incorporate learnings for the next cycle of programs
- Experience managing a direct web P&L, driving transactional e-commerce growth across different markets and customer needs
- Experience with e-commerce logistics to drive increased customer satisfaction
- Consumer electronics, peripherals, or gaming hardware experience preferred
- Digital strategy and merchandise experience, including customer acquisition, conversion rate optimization, post-purchase experience, and customer lifetime value
- Experience directly managing small teams and agencies
- Metrics and Results-driven mindset with Strong project management approach and organizational skills
- Ability to work across various functions including marketing, sales, operations, finance, and engineering.
- Self Starter able to function independently without large team resources to delegate to
- Excellent communication and presentation skills plus a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously is a must
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Business or related field required. MBA a plus.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago, relocation will be provided if needed.