Headquartered in the West Loop, SteelSeries is a leading gaming peripherals company dedicated to building products that push professional gaming further than anyone dreamed. Our innovations make gaming more competitive and more fun for gamers everywhere.
Influenced by our Danish heritage, we combine the necessity of professional-grade quality and durability with our unyielding pursuit of simple, modern design. Every button, switch, material, and key is designed with the gamer's every move in mind. It's our goal to deliver gaming peripherals that feel like an extension of you.
We're passionate about gaming, and that passion bleeds into everything we do.
We are seeking a skilled graphic designer for production and digital media work. The majority of work will include digital media (banner ads) and graphics for etail/retail, supplemented by some print work (posters, banners, handouts) and social media assets. While NOT required, familiarity with photography, illustration, and simple video editing/animation are a big plus.
Expect 20-24 hours of work weekly, with opportunities for additional hours during busy periods. We offer competitive pay based on experience and skill level.
We are located in the Chicago West Loop. Preference will be given to local candidates who can make occasional trips to the office. Work can be completed and submitted remotely, however, project briefs and reviews are always easier in person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This position reports directly to the Americas marketing lead.
- You will be expected to create assets that align with our evolving brand guidelines, as set by our in-house creative team.
- We work in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible with turning around projects quickly - as such, it is up to you to manage expectations. It's better to ask for more time at the start than to deliver a project late.
- While you are independent of our in-house creative team, there will be opportunities to work alongside and collaborate with them. They will also be involved in critiquing and reviewing your work.
- We're a youthful and innovative brand, and we want our creative to reflect that. However, an ideal candidate also understands that "good design" is that which achieves its objective - to sell product.
Qualifications and Skills
- Access to and mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (PS, AI, ID)
- A laptop/desktop capable of design work
- 2+ years of graphic design experience (internship, freelance, etc)
- Portfolio of works, including conceptual or exploratory pieces
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (completed or in-progress)
- Ability to track/manage own hours and submit invoices
- Willingness to complete a sample project for consideration
- Experience in simple video editing, illustration, and/or photography
- Ability to travel to West Loop
- An active interest in gaming or the gaming industry, whether PC or console
Benefits and Perks
- We offer flexible hours and a very casual workplace (jeans and t-shirts)
- Our office offers free drinks, and snacks are commonly available
- We're a dog-friendly office, and there's almost always a dog or two roaming about
- Lastly, we're an office of diehard gamers - we have gaming PCs and consoles for freeplay throughout the day, and we host in-house tournaments, streams, and even board game/DnD nights