SteelSeries is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to help build world-class gaming software products and digital properties.
We are looking for someone who sets a high standard for quality and can effectively work with product managers, product designers and engineers to deliver on that vision. You’ll define and execute the QA strategy on software product for desktop gaming clients, websites, and mobile. You will have the autonomy to try out new processes, especially in the spirit of agile - do what works, try new things, and keep iterating. Importantly, you will collaborate with the team to ensure that quality is being addressed throughout the full delivery lifecycle of the product
- Experienced: you've spent 3+ years in QA or software testing and brought software products to market.
- Methodical: you are disciplined in all aspects of your work, from documenting the acceptance criteria in a user story, to detailing out the steps when reproducing a bug.
- Passionate: This is gaming and consumer software. It's a competitive landscape, and if you aren't passionate about the product and craft, success will be hard. We live and breathe all things gaming and while you don't need to be an e-sports pro, being passionate about the industry is needed.
- Empathetic: You will have a thirst for understanding gamers and how any issues/bugs in our software impacts them.
- Someone that believes in growth mindset: Your enthusiasm to be curious, learn and grow has you continuing to develop your craft and find new ways to be awesome.
- Work within an agile ‘balanced team’ to deliver customer facing software
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, product designers, product managers, and stakeholders globally.
- Review feature requirements to provide timely and meaningful feedback on the testing approach
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record and document bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 3+ years experience in the field of QA, preferable in consumer software and/or gaming.
- A bachelors degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience bringing products to market.
- Highly motivated and goal-orientated individual that is able to work independently.
- Experience working in an agile software delivery environment.
- A love of games and gaming software.
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our Chicago office as and when it is appropriate to return to an office.