SteelSeries is looking for Industrial Designers to help create the next generation of gaming accessories. We're looking for someone that can help bring new ideas to life through top-notch visualization and communication skills. You will contribute a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, and usability as you collaborate with skilled experts to create incredible, first-of-their-kind products.
- An Expert in product design, a champion for user experience, and a defender of our brand identity
- A Leader. You have experience designing, manufacturing, and shipping consumer products, plus experience leading design projects.
- Passionate: This is gaming, this is technology, and this is building consumer electronics. Our gamers are incredibly passionate about their gear. You will have a thirst for understanding gamers and what drives them when selecting their next weapon
- Articulate and Persuasive: you must be able to communicate effectively to stakeholders internally on why this design speaks best to our product and category goals.
- Design products that define existing and emerging categories in the gaming space, and help establish SteelSeries as the premier gaming accessory brand.
- Work in a small team to create the visual language of our brand and and the physical nature of our products.
- Connect our brand to people, representing user-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility as you tackle tough design challenges.
- Translate brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and other visual ideas into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product designs.
- Lead design projects with internal and external resources.
- Contribute elegant, effective ways to address ergonomic and mechanical challenges.
- A bachelor's degree in industrial design or a closely related field
- 3+ years of experience as an industrial designer developing consumer electronics
- Excellent sketching skills, agile cognitive ability, and iterative prototyping process
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling in Solidworks or ProE
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
- You are smart, inquisitive and are driven to produce results.
- You want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of product development.
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product selling in every major retailer.
- You can be comfortable in a small company environment, wearing many hats and managing many different things at once
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.