SteelSeries makes award-winning, cutting-edge hardware and software products that help PC and Console gamers on their daily quest for glory.
We are looking for an IT support student assistant to join our team, to help develop incredible gaming hardware and software products. We are looking for someone who wants to make an impact on our product development, has (or is willing to obtain) experience with business IT, web/software development, and has a serious passion for technology, product development, and gaming. The position is part-time, 15-20 hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility during exam periods, and is located in our Copenhagen office (Frederiksberg, Flintholm st.).
Why should you work here:
- Love what you do - This isn't some B2B app or SaaS targeted at an industry you have no real interest in. This is a consumer product for gamers and part of the gaming industry. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related - you will love it here.
- Solve interesting technical problems - The IT team is very small, but versatile. You might start your day solving end-users IT problems, and end it by developing our internal systems or by providing feedback on an upcoming product.
- Make an impact - We are a small company, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place.
- Be part of Product Development - We are a flat organisation and everyone has the chance to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
What we are looking for:
- Danish or English speaking student with a broad understanding of Windows, macOS and IT in general
- Superuser in Microsoft Office applications
- Eager to acquire more IT and development skills, particularly Python and PHP
- Open-minded and positive personality, you will be helping and working with people from all across the globe
- Able to work independently and take responsibility for your own tasks and projects
- Studying a degree in IT, business & IT or similar, on a bachelor level
Some nice to haves:
- Experience with web or software development, PHP and Python in particular
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services (Windows Server 2012), Active Directory, Exchange Online, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure
As IT support, you will be responsible for helping employees, both local and remote, with their day-to-day IT issues. We have offices in Copenhagen, Chicago and Taipei, as well as remote locations around the world, so there's always something to dig into. You will also eventually take responsibility for processing sales reports from our customers with our internally developed Python tool, allowing us to visualise the data for our sales and marketing team.
If you were here the last few months, you would have worked on:
- Migrating our IT infrastructure from one hosting provider to another (now on Microsoft Azure)
- Implementing a new HR management system
- Upgrading the physical network infrastructure across all our office locations
- Taking part in the daily Foosball matches, which is very serious business
If you are here the next few months, you will (depending on your qualifications and interests):
- Take part in the continuous GDPR review process, ensuring the company stays compliant
- Improve our internal sales report processing tool, which could use a lot of new functionality
- Be part of a small IT team, where you have the opportunity to help decide which projects we should undertake to support the growth of the company
- Play with and give feedback on unannounced super secret hardware products coming out next year
- Be part of the SteelSeries CS:GO team
- You are smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- You want to make a huge impact and love helping others succeed.
- You are willing to learn and not afraid to take on challenges
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting on the shelf at your local Elgiganten or passionately talked about on Discord communities.
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing numerous hats and managing several things at any given time.
Don’t apply if:
- You require strict organisational structure.
- You don’t like change.
- You think having autonomy in the work place is a bad thing.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place with people who love gaming and technology.