SteelSeries is looking for Product Managers to join our Product Management group! As a Product Manager you will draw upon your understanding of gamers' needs, analyze the competitive landscape, conduct market research, and follow the latest trends in technology to ensure that our product lines are awesome, authentic, innovative and solves a real need for gamers.
- An Experienced Product Leader: you've spent years as a product manager and led multiple teams responsible for multiple long-term projects from conception to end of life; you may have an engineering degree, business degree or something else that is uniquely relevant.
- Analytical and Thoughtful: you strive to get as many data points as possible, consider multiple solutions to the same problem and understand the nuances of what makes a great product vs. filling a spec sheet.
- Passionate: This is gaming, technology, and building complex consumer electronics. It's hard, and if you don't find it fun, you won't succeed. You will have a thirst for understanding gamers and what drives their purchase intent when selecting their next headset.
- An Entrepreneur: you are always looking ahead; aren't caught off guard by changing ecosystems or the competitor's latest products, and always treat your next product as an opportunity to innovate.
- Articulate and Persuasive: you will be the most well informed individual in the company on your product line and our customers. You must be able to communicate effectively to different organizations and stakeholders internally on why this product fulfills a need with our gamers, should be invested in to build, and supports the long term vision for SteelSeries.
- Lead the research, ideation, and definition of new gaming products within new product line categories.
- Create innovative products that enhance the gaming experience for our customers
- Manage the complete product life cycle of products within our new categories, from ideation, to development kickoff, go-to-market, and finally End of Life.
- Continuously research what pains gamers have and how we help can solve them
- Follow the latest technology trends in gaming to see what could be applicable for our future products
- Analyze the competitive marketplace and identify gaps in their and our categories
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to make sure we are well-equipped to go market in all channels
- Collaborate with engineering and design on how to solve the product challenges in the best, most effective, gamer-first way.
- 3-5 years experience in the field of product management, preferable in consumer electronics and/or gaming.
- A degree is an Engineering Discipline, Industrial Design,a Marketing or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience bringing products to market
- Highly motivated and goal-orientated individual that is able to work independently
- Gamer Preferred
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.