SteelSeries is looking for a Software Product Manager to join our Software & Services product team. As Software Product Manager you will draw upon your understanding of gamer's needs, analyze the competitive landscape, conduct market research, and follow the latest trends in gaming and technology to ensure that our software product offerings are awesome, authentic, and serves a purpose.
You will be responsible for developing product strategy through to delivery execution in a small agile balanced product team. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders and report directly to the Director of Product Management, Software & Services for SteelSeries, based in our Chicago office.
- Motivated: you've spent 1-5 years as a software product manager and brought a software product to market or enhanced an existing one.
- Analytical and Thoughtful: you strive to get as many data points as possible to shape your decision making, consider multiple solutions to the same problem and understand the nuances of what makes a great product vs. filling a spec sheet.
- Passionate: This is gaming and consumer software. It's a competitive landscape, and if you don't find it fun, you won't succeed. You will have a thirst for understanding gamers and what drives pain points they need help solving.
- An Entrepreneur: you are always looking ahead; aren't caught off guard by changing ecosystems or the competitor's latest products, and always treat your next product as an opportunity to innovate.
- Articulate and Persuasive: you will be the most well informed individual in the company on your software product but you must be able to communicate effectively to different organizations and stakeholders internally on why this product fulfills a need, should be built, and supports the long term strategies of SteelSeries.
- Take ownership of the product roadmap, focusing on taking the multi-year vision and product strategy and turning it into an actionable, measurable, and achievable product roadmap and plan.
- Define clear OKRs that align with Strategic OKRs, and create clear traceability between Strategic OKRs, Product OKRs and product roadmap features.
- Prioritize product experiments and features balancing business and user value.
- Define product MVPs and incremental feature rollouts.
- Use data to drive decision making.
- Directly work with engineers and product designers to shape the product features.
- Execute a product backlog.
- Follow the latest technology and gaming trends to see what could be applicable for your products.
- Analyze the competitive marketplace.
- Collaborate. A lot.
- 1-5 years experience in the field of product management, preferable in consumer software and/or gaming.
- A degree bachelors degree in a related field.
- Demonstrated experience bringing products to market.
- Highly motivated and goal-orientated individual that is able to work independently.
SteelSeries makes high performance gaming gear used by the most demanding, top professional gamers worldwide and peripherals that provide superior quality and a competitive edge to gamers of all skill levels.
What originally began with two people who recognized the need for superior, high-quality/performance gaming gear that would give gamers a competitive edge, has grown into a global leader in gaming and entertainment gear sought after for their high performance capabilities.
Fast-forward to today, and we’ve come a long way since our first glass mouse pad. We have global offices in North America, Europe, and Asia, providing an integrated portfolio of products designed specifically for gaming.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.